Thursday, February 10, 2011

The beginning of NYFW and this blog!

"I am much to lazy to run a blog." Go ahead, you can quote me on that one. But that has been my sentiment for years. I always felt my blog would be all to similar to someone elses or, I felt like what I had to say was not important enough to be heard. Fast forward to 2011 and you can kiss that prehistoric way of thinking goodbye. At this point in my life my thought pattern has changed to, "if so and so can do it, I can to"; Especially with the explosion of fashion bloggers garnering the attention of the fashion set (my term for important fashion people). I won't bore you all with a my stale and uninteresting bio ( saving that for another slow and boring day), instead let us talk about NYFW (New York Fashion Week for the n00bs).

Let me start off with the atmosphere today. COLD. At first I wasn't cold at all, you know, just getting off the train and all. But then the most interesting thing happened. The cold decided to creep through my body and target my poor hands and feet. Color me sad. Anyway, what a boring day today was. There wasn't much excitement in terms of models bopping around nor were there any good stories to report. It all just felt so blah. The collections today echoed that.

BCBG
You know...I'm not entirely sure if I like BCBG, I cannot recall a time where I've said, "what a great BCBG dress your wearing!" In fact I'm sure I've never said that. With that said, BCBG is not ugly, its just...odd? I'm not sure how to put it into words..however the show today left a burning question in my head. "I thought BCBG was for the younger crowd?"
The problem I've noticed is that Max and Lubov seem to entrance themselves with the idea of sameness.
For the past few seasons I feel like we have been seeing the same ideas repeat themselves. Belted, color blocked, tunics, sheer body suits, and neutral+bright colors. It was pretty boring to watch and indeed the brighter colors woke me up from my nodding session. I particularly had a problem with the belting though. certain outfits made the models look wider rather than define the waist and i still dont understand sheer material for fall(i never will). But, there was SOME good...





style.com

style.com












style.com







No comments:

Post a Comment